Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (MCSA) Combi Course & Exam Pack with Live Labs
Prove your mastery of the primary set of Windows Server 2012 skills required to reduce IT costs and deliver more business value.
Earning an MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certification qualifies you for a position as a network or computer systems administrator or as a computer network specialist, and it is the first step on your path to becoming a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE).
An example of an MCSA certification you can gain through this Pro Pack.
What’s in this Pro Pack?
This Pro Pack contains three certification courses, with exams included. By purchasing this Pro Pack, you will get access to all of these courses. You will not have to pay for each course individually. To see what you’ll be learning in each course, just click on the title. In order to gain an MCSA certification from this course, you must pass all three exams.
CERTIFICATION COURSES INCLUDED:
- Microsoft 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2 (MCSA: 1 of 3 exams)
- Microsoft 70-411: Administering Windows Server 2012 – R2 (MCSA: 2 of 3 exams)
- Microsoft 70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 R2 Services (MCSA: 3 of 3 exams)
- Microsoft 70-410 (MCSA: 1 of 3 exams)
- Microsoft 70-411 (MCSA: 2 of 3 exams)
- Microsoft 70-412 (MCSA: 3 of 3 exams)
LIVE LABS INCLUDED:
- Microsoft 70-410
- Microsoft 70-411
- Microsoft 70-412
How much can I potentially earn with an MCSA certification?
MCSAs (specialising in Windows 2012 R2) in the UK typically earn between £37,500 p.a.* MCSAs in the US typically earn $62,500 p.a.^ *As at May 2016. Source: ITjobswatch.co.uk. ^As at May 2016. Source: PayScale.com
What career paths are available to me through this course?
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Systems Administrator
- Server Administrator
- Windows Server Engineer
- Windows Support Engineer
- Windows Server Consultant
- Senior Technical Support Engineer
How is each course taught?
All courses are online and self-paced, meaning you do it in your own home, in your own time, at your own pace. Each lesson is pre-recorded allowing you to pause, fast-forward, skip sections, or go back to another lesson if you need to. The lessons are multi-media based, which means video and audio are used to teach the lessons. Most lessons are also interactive, prompting the learner to participate. This might involve answering on-screen questions, participating in tasks, and using simulators as if you were using the real software program.
How long will it take me to complete each course?
As mentioned above, our courses are self-paced. Some people finish their course faster than others. Each certification course is between 12-30 hours. If you choose to only do one of the certification courses from this bundle, then it will take you less time than if you do two or three or all of them. No matter what though, you will always have 12 months to complete your course.
How do I book my exams?
Once you have completed each course and passed the mock tests, you have the option to sit an official Microsoft exam for each course and get certified. The exam fee for each course is already paid for as part of this Pro Pack. To book your exam date, email [email protected] with your preferred date and time. We will usually reply to you within 24 hours (during business hours: Mon-Fri 9:30am-6pm GMT) to advise you whether your time slot has been approved. If approved, you will receive a second email with further instructions. We ask that you give us at least seven days notice to book your exam slot. Your exam vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date you booked your course. We recommend you take one exam after completing each course, rather than attempting to take all the exams after completion of the entire course.
How will I take my exams?
The Microsoft exams can be conducted online in the comfort of your own home or office. In order to sit the exam online, you must meet the following hardware and software requirements:
- A computer with a keyboard and mouse
- A quiet and calm location at your home or office
- A web camera that you can rotate 360 degrees so you can be observed by a proctor (the observer)
- An active reliable broadband/high-speed internet connection of at least 4Mbps
- Browser compatibility: the latest version of Internet Explorer, Windows Firefox, Windows Chrome, Mac Firefox, Mac Chrome with Java (these can be downloaded for free before beginning the test)
- Enabled Java Runtime and cookies enabled which comes standard with web browsers
A test taker setting up for the online test with a proctor/observer
Below is a description of what to expect during the online exam:
Once you have logged into the online exam portal, a professional observer/proctor will personally meet you in a virtual online testing environment. Using your webcam you will provide identification and the proctor will authorize the execution of your exam session, staying with you throughout the testing and submission process. The proctor will ensure the rules are followed and you have the support you need while you take the Microsoft certification exam directly on your computer from the comfort of your home or office 24/7/365. Official results will typically be provided within 48 hours of the conclusion of your exam.
What are Live Labs?
Our hands-on live practice-labs allow you to experience practical application of course concepts in authentic environments without purchasing expensive software or equipment. These lab environments allow you to try out your new skills as you learn! Access to your live lab is available for 12 months from the time of your course booking.
Live Lab features and benefits include:
- Practice anywhere, any time – 24/7 online access with no client software
- Easy to follow step-by-step instructions guide you through your practice exercises
- Experiment and practice concepts with zero hassle and zero risk with no boundaries
- Access to REAL equipment with no restrictions and full administrator privileges, live in real time
- Exercises are designed to address the questions you’ll face on your certification exam
- The most authentic experience possible in a lab environment with real-world scenarios and exercises
- Retain your knowledge and feel confident in your new skills by practicing as you learn
- Pro-active and comprehensive support services will assist you in resolving any technical issues you encounter connecting to your Real LIVE Practice-Labs
- We will send you a certificate to display your total hours of hands-on practical experience with Real LIVE Practice-Labs to employers
What do I need to do this course?
All you need is an internet connection and a PC. While most of the lessons work on MACs, we recommend you use a PC for the best performance. Certain parts of the course may not display properly on older MACs. Once you’ve logged into your course, you may be prompted to down certain free plugins such as Java. Just follow the on-screen prompts.
If you have any questions about this course, the certification, online exam, or anything else, please drop us an email at [email protected]